Fact Sheet. Jul 3, 2009 17:43:50 GMT -5
Post by Hero of Legend on Jul 3, 2009 17:43:50 GMT -5
High-res JP box:
Title: Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga
Publisher JP: MMV
Publisher NA: MMV USA/XSEED
Publisher PAL: Rising Star Games
Developer: MMV, K2 and Kurogane
Rating NA: T
Rating JP: B
Release Date NA: Summer or Fall. EBGames lists September 8th.
Release Date PAL: Last heard to be in November.
Release Date Japan: October 8th.
Price USA (Expected): $39.99
Price: Canada (Expected): $44.99
Price JP: 7,140円
Techical Features: 480p (Yes), 16:9 (Yes), Dolby Pro Logic II (No), Framerate (30 with common dips)
Controllers: Unknown. Wiimote + Nunchuck is usually the standard, minus Monster Hunter G, which is Classic Controller-only.
www.valhallaknightseldarsaga.com/ (Currently only in teaser form)
Developer Trivia: K2's only responcible for the Tenchu games after Tenchu 2, the first two, as well as the recent Shadows Assassins were developed by Acquire. And of course, K2 developed the previous Valhalla Knights games as well.
Kurogane consists of members that worked on Valhalla Knights and Valhalla Knights 2 for the PlayStation Portable, which were developed by K2 LLC. They're currently assisting in the localization of Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga.
The lands of Eldar have long been known as the origin of chaos, a place where monsters and demons wreak havoc, indiscriminate in their madness. Legend tells of how the Spirit King, whose coming was heralded in by a meteor shower, gained control of the creatures and waged an unrelenting war upon civilization. Order and life were brought to the brink of destruction, but an alliance of the four races was able to drive them back and seal the evil. Centuries more have passed and once again the lands are slowly being overrun by the reemerging monsters. Without a known cause or even a united front to repel them, it would seem that this time, Eldar will fall. It is up to the main character to take up the forgotten mantle of the hero, reunite the races, and confront the hordes of monsters.
The third in the Valhalla Knights series created by the development team K2 (Tenchu series) and Marvelous Entertainment Inc., Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga marks the series jump to home console as it debuts on Wii. Boasting a revamped graphics engine with real-time battles playing out on the field map, the Valhalla Knights experience is refined and improved while keeping the customization and exploration options that the series is known for intact. The series expands further as two players can now play and explore the world of Eldar together online via an internet connection.
• Multi-generational Storyline – The player starts off as a human that seeks to reconcile and recreate old alliances with the dwarves, halflings, and elves. As the story progresses, the player can choose a character of any of the races, each with specific strengths and weaknesses that can be customized further.
• Fully Customizable Characters - With five basic job classes (Fighter, Mage, Priest, Thief, Bard) and numerous advanced classes each with their own specific skills, abilities, and weapons and equipment that change the appearance of the player’s character, the customization options are almost limitless.
• Real-time Battles on the Field Map – Battles take place in real-time, and all enemies are visible on the field map with no random encounters. These foes may be fought or avoided as the player sees fit.
• Build Your Own Battle Party – Specify the race and job class of your accompanying party members as you hire mercenaries at the local tavern.
• Online Multiplayer - Party up with a second player online to explore the land of Eldar together in Online Co-op.
• Soundtrack composed by Motoi Sakuraba, who also composes the Tales of series, the Golden Sun series, and Camelot's Mario sport games.
• The Scenario Writer is the same one who penned Final Fantasy XII says GameZone, but didn't actually say the name. Daisuke Watanabe is listed as the Scenario Writer of Final Fantasy XII.